Thursday, October 1, 2009

Future Expections

Thursday, October 1, 2009
Today was the 60th anniversary of GF Strong Rehab Hospital. My sister Marsha and I (Laverne) spent two and a half hours on a tour of the facility. This is where John will graduate to when he leaves VGH. They have a lot of different therapies as they work with a wide variety of patients. There is a gym for wheelchair sports and a weight room as well as a pool for therapy. I sat in a wheelchair and they lifted me in a hoist onto the exercise mat. This is a hoist similar to the one that is used to lift John into the wheelchair every day. There is a room of assisted technology where I played solitaire on the computer using a hat with reflective tape that activated the mouse. John will be on the second floor where all the spinal patients live. (They work on the first floor.)

3 comments:

  1. Good morning:

    You are all going to be learning so very much during John's next stage. When I think of how far medical science has come in this field it is mind boggling.

    But where it has been, where it is now and where it is going, Jesus has always been there.

    Your're in Good Hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for Johnny daily, and I wish I knew you, Laverne and Katie better. God who commands the storm and the waves will get you through this, and the ripples that your energy is sending out will bring even more to the knowledge of the Lord. I know it is bringing me.
    alexa

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and Laverne...i am the least computer literate person on the planet which is why this is the first time i actually posted a comment....i have been following your journey and i am so blown away by your unfailing witness during this most difficult time, i pray for you every day...Laverne probably told you i am taking a little break from work...my grandkids had a pro d day and came over and we made cookies and cupcakes....i did bring joy to me seeing them covered in flour and sugar{as well as my floor}we must be so thankful for all the good(God)things in life and you are both some of that...love and prayers,deborah

    ReplyDelete