Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thinking Things Through

Today I had an extended talk with the main doctor on my case this week. We didn't talk about my case at all instead we discussed research in lung medicine and as far abroad as the binary system that makes computers work. At no time did I lose sight of the fact that Dr S. was my doctor and this reminded me that I can broaden my relationships with others beyond just sharing the gospel. Another example, this morning I shared a little adolescent psychology with my personal care giver who is having trouble with a stepdaughter. 1 Corinthians 10:31b whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog entries are continual wonders to me. God in you has made you an amazing man. I'm so thankful that you are willing to share with us.

    I know there must be so many difficult moments/hours. You are human, right? :-) But the little things that you learn right where God has you, are things that all of us need to be learn.

    And adolescent psychology! Brilliant! Doesn't always work in our own homes (certainly not mine anyway) but so glad to hear it can work in the hospital. :-)

    Sherri P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you are such a wealth of information and you have such an easy way people I can imagine that there are more lives that you're touching both at your bedside and through the blog than you can imagine.

    I keep you, Laverne and Katie in my prayers and my thoughts every day.
    Love Juhli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are finished there, please can you come here and live amongst us?

    Jesus loves me this I know. God is with you.

    Hugs especially to the step-Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to you Johnny, Katie and Laverne, you are a source of inspiration to me, and I am so proud of you, I would love to let everyone know about this blog because I know how many would let it into their heart and then changes would be a for sure thing. Love you tons...please just keep getting better
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete