Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Picture in the Night

Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Last night in preparation for getting a cuffless trach (so I could talk all the time). I had to wait until 1am before they inflated the trach cuff. As a result I lay in bed thinking and I came up with a picture that started with the greatest commandment Deut 6:5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Suddenly I saw this as a flower on a seed package and then I thought of what happens when you turn the seed package over. There are the instructions on where to plant it, how deep, how close, in or out of the sun etc. That connected in my mind with the 10 commandments e.g. you shall have no other gods before me is like saying don't plant the seed with another, remember the Sabbath day-give God space in your life. Somehow the 10 commandments took on a new light as I thought of them in terms of enabling us to carry out the greatest commandment. No longer are they restrictions on what we should or should not do but rather directions on how to carry out the love that God commands

1 comment:

  1. John...you have such beautiful insights...what a blessing it is to be able to devote oneself, one's life, so fully to delving into the God's Word...and a blessing also to have you share your findings. I am awed with your clarity...thank you so much, dear friend and brother.
    Love and prayers, Deb and family

    ReplyDelete