Thursday, October 8, 2009

He leads me beside still waters Ps.23:2b

Thursday, October 8, 2009
That's the way it feels today. Everything is going well and I feel great like I'm beside the still waters-now is the most dangerous time. When things are going bad and I have shortness of breath, alarms going on and staff running everywhere there is no difficulty in looking to the Lord to direct my paths but when I am sitting beside the still waters, listening to the brook, feeling the gentle breeze then the temptation is great to take control and lean on my own understanding. Pray for me that beside still waters and green pastures I will still acknowledge the Lord is my Shepherd.

3 comments:

  1. HI John and family:

    Well, ain't that just the truth. Well said.

    I have a family member engulfed in a cult,right up to the proverbial eyebrows. Last night a casual remark was made that oh yes, they thought that they would go and live in the country where their leader lives, to be ever closer to GOD.

    And while we have been praying and praying, all of a sudden we were really praying and I know that you know what I mean.

    HE is still on the throne and HE is beside us in the storms and through the calm.

    Have the best day today in HIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, You are still on the right path. You and your body need time to heal. Reassuring your family and friends that you feel great is good. You have a strong faith and you have helped many realize that each journey is a gift. The way you travel in this world has changed - but the work you do - has not.
    I was just startled by a bird - it just hit my office window and fell to the ground. I looked out and he came to. He stumbled a bit, shook his feathers, jumped on the branch, focused, and then flew away. It just reminds us We are all fragile.....but keeping our focus builds strength in our beliefs. Listening to the brook and having the gentle breeze on your face and us hoping the sun shines through the clouds means YOU made it through a storm. Take Care, Sherri Payne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beside the still waters, he restoreth my soul,
    I pray for you Johnny, that God will watch carefully over you,

    Alexa

    ReplyDelete