Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Sabbath

Sunday, October 4, 2009
Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy. For the most part the church has replaced the Sabbath with Sunday and consider it a day of rest. I remember my father telling me about getting into trouble for going out Sunday afternoon to play soccer with some of the boys. He might have got away with it except he sang in the church choir and missed the practice. Today we are not as strict in sabbath rules which really leaves it up to each person as to how they keep the sabbath. I find the hospital regime to aid considerably to keeping the sabbath. Sunday they let us rest up for all they plan for us to do on Monday. I'm hoping to make it a habit that will continue after a leave the hospital. Please pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Uncle John. That is interesting about the sabbath thing. I hear that your breathing feels like you do not get enough air. I will pray that this will become better. School is going well, I have Biology and we are learning about bones. There are so many and they are very interesting, but it is hard to figure them all out sometimes. I should be visiting next weekend, I am very excited!

    the ministers cat is a 'inexperienced cat'

    ReplyDelete