Sunday, October 25, 2009

Kids Club

Kelly Creek Kids Club comes to VGH. As I said before Gerry and Alma brought the cards from Kids Club to my hospital room. Laverne used her decorating skills to put them up on my wall. They immediately became a topic of conversation with the staff asking how I got so many homemade cards. This gave me an opportunity to tell them about Kids Club especially the teaching sessions about God. I also told about how the community school and the church share facilities and that blew their minds. I also got to tell them about BC Hydro putting in 2 free street lights so kids from kids club could safely cross the street from the church to the gym. One batch of cards allowed me to start several Bible conversations. Isa. 11:6d and a little child will lead them.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning John and Laverne~
    Did you hear?? 22 kids this week!! :) We had an idea to try and get your blog up on the wall screen so the kids could see it, so maybe we'll try that this coming Friday. Pat did an awesome job with the devotional for the kids, and then prayed at the end of it, asking if any of the kids had anything they'd like to pray about. It was a fantastic night...even with no gym...we played balloon basketball and balloon soccer...who knew so much fun could be had with a couple of balloons? :)
    As always, thinking of you and praying for you, you continue to be an inspiration to all who follow this blog,
    Much love,
    MariAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unexpected blessing. John, this blog, and leaving comments for you, has connected me to a wider community here in Powell River. At least three people have said, "I think I've seen your comments on John's blog." There has been an immediate bonding and joy shared as we rejoice in how well you are doing and all God is doing for and through you.Did you mean for that to happen?

    ReplyDelete