Saturday, October 17, 2009

Another Milestone

Laverne reminded me today that it has been two months since my accident. Two months of twenty-four hour care with a team of doctors along with other health care professionals sorting out my instabilities on a ventilator. I thank God daily for Canadian Heath Care. I can't imagine what it would be like to live a couple of hundred miles south. It is interesting that the person who promoted health care was an evangelical preacher Tommy Douglas. I thought of Luke 10:27 the greatest commandment according to Jesus 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind': and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' I am thankful for all those loving me and looking after me

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great post (Another Milestone)! That is what I have been learning about and it is just really neat. Hopefully I will be able to find an assignment where I can quote this. :)

    The minsters cat is a 'lucky cat"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,

    When I read it was two months since your accident,it reminded us what an amazing man you are,strong and faithful in your walk with Jesus our Saviour. You teach us how to believe John. Thankyou

    It reminds me of the story about the blind lady who read her bible and memorized verses daily and when she lost her sight she had all she needed close in her heart, praying and the verses flowing from her mouth... I think of Joshua 1:8 ' do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night so that you may be careful to do everything in it'. So true!!

    Gerry and I are planning to be in Vancouver during the week of October 20 and God willing be in to visit with you and Laverne.

    Take care and God bless...

    Gerry and Alma

    ReplyDelete