Saturday, October 10, 2009

More on Visitors

Saturday, October 10, 2009
Yesterday was an exciting day. I had several surprise guests that really encouraged my heart. Irene Sheih and some of her church family came along with a pastor from India and prayed for me and anointed me with oil. James 5:14 Suddenly the hospital room transformed and I was back in the first century with believers coming together out of love to pray for one who is sick. Later in the day two Navigator friends Nan & Alex came to take Laverne for dinner. Alex brought his clarinet and gave us a concert. As usual I was worried about the noise on the ward but my nurse shared that everybody on the ward had enjoyed it and wished he would come every week. Another friend from years ago, Bill Lee also showed up. We were able to share our hearts together. WOW! What a day of visitors.
I know lots of people are reluctant to visit people in the hospital but if you only do it a few time you can get over the reluctance and what a blessing you can be.

1 comment:

  1. Morning John and family.

    Blessed Thanksgiving to you all. HE LIVES. And we all have much to be thankfull for.

    It is a truly glorious morning, the sky was pink at 7:15 and of course that harbours change.

    We are having the turkey at noon will be cranberry-less unless I find some in the back shelf somewhere. We were in Save-On yesterday and it was like a zoo. Buggies were loaded and there were furrowed brows at the self check out place. It is amazing that machines are smarter then most of us.

    We will then head for the beach down in front of the old garbage dump to look for beach glass. The joys of life eh!

    Enjoy your day. Know that you are being prayed for.

    ReplyDelete