Saturday, January 9, 2010

Practice

Today my practicing in the gym to do left turns finally paid off. This reminds me of 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." It doesn't come miraculously or instantaneously but practice makes perfect. Paul encouraged Timothy to study God's word and then he could use it in the right way. Similarly practicing left turns means I don't bump into the wall anymore. I have found that having to get someone to turn the page when reading the Bible means I study the page I've got more carefully rather than just skimming over. Slowing down means I study God's word rather than just read it.

2 comments:

  1. Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed. (Remember where that's from?) Love and continued blessings to you and yours...
    Deb W and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool....HE will work everything for your good .... couse you love HIM. Keep on pressing in....and thanks for sharing your revelations.

    Love
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete