Monday, January 18, 2010

The Minister's cat is a cat on wheels

Today Laverne and I met with a sales rep dealing with equipment and especially wheelchair equipment. There is so much information to figure out just what will be best for me in terms of chairs. Later on we went to the wheelchair shop here to get my chair adjusted-slowed down a bit actually. Sometimes I just can't keep up with it and when it heads for the wall too fast I can't remember if I am to sip or puff fast enough for it to stop. This all made me realize that my means of getting around from now on is not my feet but wheels. I was reminded of the song Ezekiel saw the wheel, Way up in the middle of the air. And the big wheel run by faith and the little wheel run by the grace of God

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, two sayings come to mind. Slow and steady wins the race and "those that trust in the Lord...shall rise up on wings like eagles." Praying for continuing improvement in learning to use your new "feet" and be gentle with yourself in this process.
    God Bless,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John and family:

    You have been through a steep learning curve..... all the rules of the road are new.

    But how exciting to get your own chair..... can you get them in colours, polka dots, stripes?

    This is indeed good news.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,

    We enjoyed your story about the sips and puffs you have to remember when using your wheelchair..that would be quite an accomplishment to get it just right. Thanks for sharing that...

    It is good news you are having the opportunity to check things out and discuss with the sales rep. all about wheelchairs.

    Things are coming along John...and we continue to pray for your good health and the surgery goes well in February.

    Many blessings..

    ReplyDelete