Friday, January 8, 2010

THe Lesson of the Mirror

Today I went down to physio and spent most of the time looking at myself in the mirror. The idea was to get my head straight and while I was looking in the mirror I found it easier to align my head with the rest of my body. The physio held my head in position and then I practiced holding my head in position myself. It reminded me of James 1:23-25 and especially verse 25 "But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it-he will be blessed in what he does." I found when I am away from the mirror it is easy to forget what I was doing and then my head slipped back to lean to one side so I have arranged to have time each day in front of a mirror to practice what the physio has taught me. In the same way each day as I read the Bible I also want to put it into practice.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this analogy. LOVE it.

    At the gym, we are told that our heads need to be in alignment with our bodies all the time.

    John, Thank you.

    You are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, your knowledge of the Bible and your ability to apply God's Word to all of life's circumstances continue to amaze and encourage me. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, we always try to remember to keep our back straight, but never worry about the head...

    Thank you for sharing that important part of our body. We need to be reminded...

    Have a good day...God bless.....

    ReplyDelete