Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ABS

Well today I did some more suctioning. I don't think John was quite so thrilled. Trying to keep in mind everything I kind of forgot that he also has to get some air at some point and suctioned him a little longer in one go than he really liked-and I was really getting the technique down too! He told me he was like a new car and had ABS -anything but suctioning. Oh well he has a break from me now as the RT only works Monday-Wednesday. We can begin again next Monday. Today John had another session on the computer. Tomorrow the assistive technologist is going to set up John's computer with sip and puff Morse code - he tried it on the hospital computer today. Each day now seems to have a bit more happening and John's energy is increasing to cope with each new thing that is added.

4 comments:

  1. What a team.

    ABS .... that is good.

    Have a most wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only think of ABS when we exercise stomach muscles...what do I know?? :)

    John, it sounds like things are looking up with new changes coming into play daily...We hope soon you will be on the computer again..won't that be great!!! It all takes time and we pray God gives you His patience to get through everything.
    You too Laverne...keep up the good work learning new things to assist John...and thank you John for being the encourager you are..

    Hugs and many blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your blog since the beginning of your new journey, but have never written a comment... until now. I am constantly inspired by your words and look forward to reading each new message. I am a new Christian and am mesmerized by your biblical verses. Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I was thinking I am trying to learn a lot. Hmmm I don't have nothing on you John. And Laverne, wow I give you a big hug. Your a smart woman and pretty soon all you are learning will be old hat. Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks. :O) Congrats on your progress. Hugs from Dorie

    ReplyDelete