Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Minister's cat is a caring cat

Over the past few days the earthquake in Haiti has helped me remember there is a whole world out there. When I am dealing with my spinal cord injury it is easy to think only of myself but I need to be awakened to what's going on outside. I watched the BBC news and saw the devastation in Haiti. I don't know what I can do but pray for the people of that country. this morning I heard the Governor-General's address to out country and I am glad that Canada is caring for the survivors. The Canadian school children who were there came from 15 miles from my home town. I'm reminded of Jesus when he said if we give a cup of cold water to one who has none we give it to him. Matthew 25:35-40

3 comments:

  1. Good morning from a Powell River that is being buffeted with gale force winds.

    We are surrounded by trees and I am thinking upon Psalm 23......

    The good people of Haiti are going through so much and I pray that they somehow, in the middle of all of this devastation, find HIM.

    Thank you for this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear from your blog that the kids from South Slocan got back, there's been nothing on our radio up here in Kamloops. And it is good that Canada cares people from Kamloops are heading over to help, Firefighters had an event to gather funds, we truly are citizens of the world. Praying today is an awesome one for you
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are one of the prayer warriors who are holding up those who are doing the physical work in Haiti and all those places with needs. We need you to cover them, they are going through rough times as well and are seeing lots of misery which they have to deal with. The people living there need your prayers as well to be able to cope with what they are going through.

    May their faith be strenghtened and may they be comforted.
    Thank you again for the willingness to be a prayer warrior

    ReplyDelete