Friday, January 1, 2010

Barnabas-Son of Encouragement

When Paul started out on his mission journeys Barnabas was along for encouragement and it seemed to be his role in the Bible. It has been neat to see how God has given me that encouragement all along the way. The pastor of Cascades Gospel Chapel comes and gives me Communion every week and a major dose of encouragement. Today 2 people from Powell River came to encourage me, pray and expect God to work in my healing which is something I think about a lot but don't have much confidence about. Continue to pray God will grant healing physically and direction to my spiritual life.

2 comments:

  1. hi john and laverne... happy new year from windy/rainy/sunny powell river and that weather happened all in 1/2 an hour... but like we west coasters say "at least we don't have to shovel it!!!" today I thought of you often as I dealt with some family health issues..your testimonies encouraged me to look positively at the situations and deal with them in a Christlike way... didn't always succeed and at one point wanted to run away:) but I kept thinking of you practicing your leftyloos and I persevered! LOL... keep up the great work! blessings, sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning John and family.

    I think that when we are right in the smack of something it IS hard to see the light and it IS hard to see any encouraging signs.

    I know from personal experience that often, it is all I can do, to keep my head above water and gasp out the occassional Praise You Lord and HELLLLLP.

    It is a good thing that the Lord knows us to be weak. We are NOT expected to be all knowing and all whatever. If we were .... would we need HIM?

    And so dear ones.... in HIM you are walking day by day. And you are walking with grace and love. Sometimes hanging on to HIM with our fingernails on one hand is as good as it can be.

    HE knows, and HE understand and HE loves.

    ReplyDelete