Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A lovely messenger

The other day we had a visit from a friend from Powell River. She had passed on news of me being in GF Strong to her former pastor. Her pastor passed the information on to one of the church members who works here as a chaplain. In addition she brought news and a card and book from other friends in Powell River. The world says don't shoot the messenger and the Christian says love the messenger. It reminded me of Phil 2:19,20 I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning John:

    Thank you messenger, on behalf of myself, for visiting John.

    Having been in dark places I realize how comforting it is to have a warm human body come at unexpected times and bring news of the ' outside ' world.

    John, glad that you are better. Jesus is still on the throne.

    It is stormy here today and whenever it is like this I think of that grand old hymn, part of which goes like, " For those in peril on the sea" Except that in Sunday School I thought the word was Parry, and as we knew a Parry family, it was all very confusing.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete