Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chair at Last!

"Little man, you've had a busy day," my mother used to say when tucking me into bed after a particularly active day. It may be a quote but I can't remember from what. In the morning I had a nurse orienting on the vent and lots of physio as the physiotherapist was looking for my wheelchair, the object of a combined effort by the physio, occupational therapist and the charge nurse of the ward to borrow from GF Strong. It arrived by lunch and surprise, surprise after being offered a strictly manual chair what turned up was my own chair that was assigned to me at GF Strong. Shortly after lunch I with 6 assistants got set up in the chair. The OT and PT were there to adjust my headrest so my head points in the right direction. I was up for over an hour- I think you get the idea of my day. I remember this morning feeling bored and wondering if anything was going to happen, instead I found out that hospital life has many surprises, something I've also found out about my life and walk with God. Many times, though things seem tough my heart leaps up as Laverne comes in and shares the responses to yesterday's blog. I'm trying to say that your comments are an encouragement to me as you do the work of the Lord in the place where I am not. Pray that soon my wheelchair and occupant may return to GF Strong.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you got that chair and praying your move back to GF Strong happens soon. Take care... Good Days are Wonderful Days... and small miracles are sometimes the best ones. Praying for you

    Alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the news today about your chair coming to you, and laughed out loud into the empty room...praise the Lord for His provision for our needs! With love and joy, Deb W.

    Eph 3:20, 21 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all generations for ever and ever. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, the praying worked :) Glad you were up in the chair.

    the ministers cat is a "victorious cat"

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you are an encouragement to us as you are doing the work for the Lord in a place we are not.

    We are praying for you, Please, pray for us

    Sleep well John

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking of you and praying for you when I was out walking this morning. It was pouring rain and very dark for 8:30am. Then there was a sliver of light over Texada, the Lord coming to you in your darkness. By the time I got home the sliver had grown, there was a bit of blue sky to the west and the rain had stopped. Something like your yesterday? "My grace is sufficient for you" 2 Corinthians 12:9

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prayed, 'God, why can't John get a wheelchair from GF Strong...and you did!!!
    God is listening to all our prayers for you John.

    Philippians 4:19...and my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

    Love and prayers to you and Laverne.
    Gerry and Alma

    ReplyDelete