Wednesday, November 18, 2009

John has stumped the doctors

Today we read from Isaiah 49 after we read MariAnn's comment on verses 14 & 15. The last half of verse 13 is also encouraging to me. 'the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted.' It is certain that John is having a trying time of it. Although he is not getting any worse he is also not getting any better. Today as I was leaving they were going to do a CT scan and see if they could come up with anything. Please pray that God will grant the doctors wisdom to understand what it going on with John. Please also pray that they will be able to get some sort of chair so that he doesn't have to stay in bed all day but can get up for at least short periods.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning John and Laverne...was awake in the night...it was so stormy here! Power was out in the townsite for a couple of hours in the evening, so we lit many candles to light the house and found it beautiful. Later in the night I found myself thinking of you and the news in your Wednesday posting, and found the hymn It is Well With My Soul going through my mind...thought of posting the words here but I know you know them. Am thinking of you with love and and prayers...longing for peace, answers for your doctors, and the practical details of a chair and any other equipment that eases your comfort there.
    Deb W and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi john and laverne... thank you for posting the good and the not so good stuff that is happening in your lives... it certainly is a FROG time... you missed a very impressive storm and as my family and I sat in the dark we had to laugh at how dependent we are on electricity... oh that we become as dependent on God!!!

    blessings, sharon and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh boy, I hope they figure it out. I will pray that they get a chair to sit in.

    the ministers cat is a "unusual cat"

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, I think of you often and am amazed by your courage and strength.

    ReplyDelete