Monday, December 28, 2009

The Time Between

In the story about Lazarus there was a gap of two days - John 11:6 Yet when he heard that Lazarus was sick he stayed where he was two more days. In my story at GF Strong the time between Christmas and New Years has a similar gap. Many staff are on holidays and not much programming is done. The care is excellent and I am getting better every day. After New years I will be learning how to do things I used to do but now I will do in a different way. I have to learn how to use my wheelchair, operate my computer and take care of myself (with Laverne's help). In addition I am trying to get stronger so on Feb 4 I can have the surgery for the diaphragmatic pacer. Jesus' delay in coming to Lazarus reminds me that God's timing is to bring him glory and I shouldn't begrudge the rest between Christmas and New Years

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes a rest is needed before the work is needed. 2010 will be the year of work and relearning and inspiring all that have the chance to get to know you.
    Here is hoping that you and Laverne and Katie enjoy the holidays and get ready for the work that will be coming soon.

    The family in Trail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you are finding encouragement as things unfold for you...one day to the next, sometimes one moment to the next. And I hope you know how much of an encouragement you are to all of us out here, going on in our own day to day stuff...hearing about the obstacles you face and overcome, maintaining your strength and reliance on the Lord of all...
    Thank you again for sharing!
    Love and prayers always
    Deb W and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember that c & w song.... One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus... it is perhaps a good thing that we really don't know what tomorrow brings. I don't think our hearts could stand it.

    You all have a busy 2010 coming up... And HE will walk you through it each and every day.

    ReplyDelete