Thursday, December 17, 2009

Life at GF Strong

Life at GF Strong so far has been fairly quiet for John. It is probably a good thing that he arrived just before Christmas as he is not up to doing a lot. He is quite up for visitors but if nothing is happening then he tires very fast. He has met his new physiotherapist and today did a few exercises with her and promises of more tomorrow. He has not yet met his occupational therapist which is just as well as I am sure she would want him to start practicing to drive his wheel chair and he isn't really up to that yet-besides I need the practice. It is a good thing John doesn't get carsick is all that I can say! Please especially pray for John and his tiredness, as well he has a poor appetite these days.

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you always...wish we could make it down to see him....love and prayers...

    Alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and family. You have had an eventful few days.

    As for wheelchair manouvering........ will we have to watch for you out on the highway? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laverne

    I am wondering whether you would call me to see if I could help you with packing the little that he eats, with a pot load full of nutrition. This is the job that I do nowadays as a nutritionist. Call me at home 7-0691 or at work 5-6161

    About wheelchairs? I remember having to wheel Dan around when he was 4, I tell you, he did much better on his own than with my help:)

    Wishing you a restfull weekend and sending you my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, It was great to have a visit with you and Laverne...You look as handsome as ever John!!!

    We pray you have the chance to get stronger before they start putting you through all kinds of new energy draining obstacles...We pray once you get started, you will be excited to see all the things you can do.

    We made it safely home to P/R and will pass on your good wishes to KCCC.

    God bless you both with His comfort and strength.
    Love, Gerry and Alma

    ReplyDelete