Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Left turns

Yahoo! Today I managed to turn a sharp left with my wheelchair. This has eluded me in the past but today I was successful. I know I used the verse a few days ago but Phil 4:13 -I can do all things through Him who gives me strength - seems appropriate. It amazes me how something I was sure I couldn't do I can now do. The next thing to pray for is that I can do well enough to be an independent wheelchair driver. This is harder than getting my drivers licence!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I have a beautiful picture of you in my mind's eye, making that sharp left turn. And laughing with the joy of accomplishment. Praise the Lord indeed! Had a quick visit from Don and Lee at work today, delivering your Christmas greeting...thank you both so much! Your life is so full of a million things that need doing, way beyond what we out here think of as normal...thank you Laverne for taking the time to write...it was moving to hear from you! Thinking of you in prayer and in day-to-day thoughts as well.
    Love, Deb W

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rest of us road users better watch out.

    John is on the loose.

    Hallelujah! HE and you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Aunty Sheila heard she said she was your biggest cheerleader and is so proud that you have gotten the left turn as quickly as you have She is giving you a big cheer!

    The family in Trail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise the Lord for all your accomplishments John...turning left..what a wonderful Christmas gift, something we so take for granted!!.

    We are rooting for you as you learn to manipulate that chair and for many more things to come.

    Phil. 4:13 is one of my favorite verses; one of the many we can draw strength from.

    God bless you both for all your determination, hard work and having each other to lean on.

    Prayers continually...
    Gerry and Alma

    ReplyDelete