Sunday, December 6, 2009

Stones from the River

Joshua 4:6,7 ...When your children ask in time to come "What do those stones mean to you?" Then you shall tell them... So these stones shall be to the people of Israel a memorial forever. In the story of Joshua 4 the Israelites took 12 stones from the river to create a memorial. They had never seen such a thing and Joshua told them it was so when their children asked they could tell them the story of coming to the promised land. Some of the memorials of my accident are 1. since I was injured so badly I have to be FROG 2. the blog encourages me to be open about my Christian life 3. a serious injury like this draws a family together and helps us realize God in really in charge. I have shared a few "stones" from the accident and I wonder if you would like to share significant "stones" in your life. If so please do and continue to pray for our family especially as we approach the celebration of Christ's birth.

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the stones........ We have been learning the memorial stones of God's heart toward us..... Isaiah 49:15-16 Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has born? Though she may forget,I will not forget you!
    See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    I struggle to forget the stones from my past, as there have been much hurt. But slowly the Lord is replacing those stones with "His Rocks" which move me and help me to focus on what lies ahead. I pray the Lord will continue to use you in this ministry John. May you be strengthened and comforted by His peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John and Laverne ...
    Mike preached on this very passage 2 weeks ago for his installation service. He talked about God's faithfulness in providing this opportunity for us in P.R. and how we will remember so many of the pieces that have fallen into place as we stepped out in faith, including being able to live in your home until the move-in date for our new home! It is such a blessing to us! We (with the kids) are praying for you daily. Thank you for sharing your story.
    Mike and Sherri Barkman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memorial stones. I guess that there are two kinds of stones. Stones that bring pain and ones that bring back memories of joy. It takes every one of them to make a heap.

    Continuing to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete