Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hurray! I can swallow!

Something most of us don't think about is swallowing. The danger after an injury like mine is that you will swallow into your lungs and cause all kinds of problems and infection. Today I was tested on my swallowing and I could watch on the x-ray screen as the food went down and skipped over the trachea (windpipe) and went down the esophagus into the stomach. There were a few tense moments when some food was in the top of the trachea but the next swallow moved it into the esophagus. All this is to say that they now have it in black and white that I do a good job in swallowing my food and that it goes where it is supposed to go.

3 comments:

  1. Clever you. Well done. Now you can enjoy all the ice cream and chocolate, which you know, are legit food groups.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go John...

    ...Thanks for letting know it's not easy for everyone to swallow..we need to be aware of that....

    Happy eating!!

    God bless, Gerry and Alma

    ReplyDelete