Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another infection

Joshua 1:5 As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you, nor forsake you. This morning I awoke feeling very well. I also realized how completely dependent on others I am to get things done. I could not turn on my radio or move to look out the other side of the bed. To me this speaks of Moses set aside and Joshua being called to lead the people. Somehow I never felt that Moses was upset with this change-after all Joshua's experience of God came as he stood at Moses side or waited on Moses as he met with God. For me there seems to be one setback after another in the "getting better" plan for myself. I was hoping to get back to GF Strong next week but there is another infection which will prevent this. Please pray with us that we will remember the verse for today-I will never leave you, nor forsake you.

3 comments:

  1. We are praying Joshua 1:5 with you and Laverne, John..

    Focus on the family magazine came this week and I was quite taken with the verse they quoted and wanted to share it with you...
    Romans 15:13
    May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

    We pray you will be feeling better.

    Love, Gerry and Alma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love God's promises. He never makes one that He will not or cannot keep.

    It is harder for us at times to accept these promises. So I gladly pray with you to remember that verse, and not only for today, and not only for you. We all need to remember that verse.

    I praise and thank the Lord for giving us these promises to hang onto,

    Thank you John and Laverne for reminding us all of this promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John & Laverne,

    We're praying that the infection will clear and that you will be back in GFS in good time and in God's time. It's so encouraging to read that you are leaning on the promises of God. It can be so difficult and therefore so wonderful that you share these promises with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete