Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympics

Today I watched some of the Olympics on TV, speed skating, women's half pike, and hockey. What impresses me is the TV is showing a lot of the preparation and commitment for winning. I'm having to do the same thing in my rehab. So many times it would be easier to say I'm too tied and seek my bed. Right now I'm doing exercises to successfully drive my wheelchair. Today was discouraging as my turns wouldn't come when I had my driving session. Please pray I will have success in my own personal Olympics. 1 Cor 9:25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John...really enjoyed your analogy today! It is so true that each of us is in training daily. It is wonderful to be training for the crown that will last forever! Continue to enjoy watching the Olympics and working on your own training. Hope you are getting a chance to enjoy this sunshine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning:

    I agree with Carol. Great analogy. Paul talks about the race and I never read that but what I don't think of the Olympics.

    And crossing the finish line into HIS everlasting arms is the true thing.

    Have the best training day ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go John, yes, I think that permenant crown is well worth working for...and if you were in the Olympics I'd give you the Gold!
    alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete