Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Desire of my heart

Last night I was awakened by a spasm that jerked my head around and I couldn't get back to sleep. There were several things I could have thought about including where I was, how many things were still unattended etc. Then this verse came to mind and I have always found it to be an interesting one. It says Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Ps. 37:4...so if we delight in the Lord then what the desire of my heart is to have a relationship with Him. As I thought about this I remembered the words of Ps 23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. I realize this was a special time that God and I could spend together. Please pray I won't waste time on things other than the desire of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning:

    You have no idea how much this has touched me this morning. I have been up since 3am reading.... and not reading anything that would edify. No wonder at 6am the feeling is one of emptiness.

    Running to HIS Word right now.

    Thanks John and family for pointing me in the right direction yet again.

    ReplyDelete