Sunday, September 27, 2009

A very busy day (Part One)

Sunday, September 27, 2009
When I awoke at 8 o'clock my nurse was ready to put in a new NG tube. Taking the old one out was horrible. Putting the new one in wasn't much better. Then my doctor came along and told her to put it down another 5 cm after which they had to X ray it to make sure it went into my stomach. The new tube was much smaller and once in much more comfortable. After the X rays were taken I got up in the wheelchair. When I went to bed after the chair they deflated the trach cuff and lo and behold I could speak. They gave me a break around 5 pm but a 7 they deflated the cuff again. I was listening to the hockey game and wondering who I was going to talk to at that time of night. To be continued

3 comments:

  1. the ministers cat is a contemplating cat.

    I have many thoughts at this moment, but they are deep and wondering about so many things. I have many questions about God, His will for our lives, what He wants from us, how we can serve Him, how fleeting our lives are, how we are really nothing without Him eventhough we think we can do so much, and so many more question.
    I am grateful that He allows us to ask Him any question we have.
    You all are in my thoughts as I continue to praise Him and thank Him for who He is and having ourlives in His hands, there is no better place to be.

    Thank you again for your willingness to be used by Him

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi uncle John, Did we win the game? there has been no one to keep me up to date. I learned how to make a bed with someone in it last thursday.. thats the one everyone said I would be learning. Thank you for keeping us up to date.

    the ministers cat is a 'grateful cat'

    ReplyDelete