Saturday, September 26, 2009

Breathing

Saturday, September 26, 2009
Over the past few days as you know I have been talking but that means some air doesn't go to my lungs. There have been a few scary times when I couldn't get enough air to breath. Every time it happened everybody ran around in circles until the air was restored. It got me thinking that our breath is in God's hand. Isaiah 42:1-5 Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law. Thus says God, the LORD, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: -I can't think of anyone I would rather have holding my breath.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!! How great Thou Art (Almighty God) Then sings my soul......Ahhh, the power in that wonderful hymn which reflects the power of the One and Only, True and Living God---I love hearing that continual peace which passes all understanding inside of you John---even through the scary moments---inner peace--a result of your active and living faith. Happy Lord's Day John and Laverne. In daily prayer for you, Ken and Kathie Pritchard

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,
    At church we are going through a series of sermons on the life of Joseph (Gen. 37)and life purpose. Today's message spoke to me but after reading your blog today (and other days), I am seeing how this life purpose is being revealed so beautifully through you and Laverne. Through studying the scriptures in our Care Groups and through the sermons, we have determined that a believer's life purpose is to reflect the Saviour by being conformed to His image. That 'conforming' is our pre-destination (predetermined destination)when we accept Christ. Though crisis and storms may rock our boat, if we keep our pre-destination our focus (to be conformed to His image), we will stay on course to the end. In the midst of this storm, your reflecting of the Saviour is so apparent.

    May God continue to keep your focus on Him as He carries you through this storm.

    May God continue to grant you His peace that passes all understanding as you keep your hearts and minds focused on Him.

    Continuing to pray,
    Frank & Sherri Piechnik

    PS If you have a laptop you can listen to the sermons at www.wbchapel.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dear John. I didn't realize we could communicate with you in this manner. What a delight. In your last blog you mentioned that you were receiving messages on your blog. Halleluia..this is great. Now we can talk. We have missed you terribly..especially your good friend Lee. He asks every day "When is John coming home"? Will he be home for Christmas?? We continue to tell him that the doctors will tell Laverne when you can come home and she will let us know. He seems to be ok with that. He loves feeding the cats at 3:30pm.Lee send this message. "I would like him to get better...and I miss him very much. He want you to say hi to your wife for him. We are so thrilled to hear about your daily progress John. God is so good and faithful. We miss your presence at our patio door for tea John. You should know that your absence in our lives, at church and around our community has left a void..that no one can fill. Dietmar's cousin from Germany was here for 3 weeks. He said he must have put on 4 kilos from Dietmar's cooking. (You know what I mean!) Our summer was busy but know hopefully we can settle in and enjoy some quiet time. Hopefully we'll see you very soon. Our daily prayer's go out to you John and Laverne. You hold a special place in our hearts.
    Love and may our heavenly father continue to bless you with his comfort, his presence, and his peace.
    Dietmar, Patricia, Lee and all your fury friends.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete