Saturday, September 12, 2009

Kum Ba Yah

Saturday, September 12, 2009
Last night I laid on my bed with the lights low, but not ready to sleep. My thoughts drifted to a time over 30 years ago when we gathered on the shore of a lake in Manitoba. I was at a Navigator training program. As we gathered around the campfire John Potts took out his guitar and we sang Kum Ba Yah. As I looked into the stars I felt God truly would Kum Ba Yah. Tonight on my bed again I have the same feeling - God is here. When I read my New Testament I see so many instances where Jesus came by people with needs. Yesterday Laverne read John 5. I had chosen it because of v39 but as she read it I was struck by the story of the invalid at the pool of Bethesda. What an example of Kum Ba Yah.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John and family:

    I was working at the Community Fair, at the Complex this morning. It has replaced the Newcomers Social. So ringing the perimeter were organizations such as ourselves and in the middle were people who had garage sale types of tables. It ran from 9 - 12 and was fairly steady all day long. I hope, for the organizer, that it went well.

    It has been a wonderous day here with a glorious sunset and as I watched it I thought of HIS faithfulness is always providing for us.

    Continuing to pray for all of you.

    Teedie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ministers cat is a bewildering cat!
    Love and prayers
    Deb and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, I love Kum, Ba Yah. God is there, and here to. The dorms are really hot, and I hope things are going well with you.

    the ministers cat is a "crazy cat"

    ReplyDelete