Monday, September 28, 2009

The FAT Christian Bible Study (Part Two)

Monday, September 28, 2009
I was part way through the third period when a friend Allen from Powell River came. He'd been doing a course and came down a day early and visited me before and now the course was over and rather than spend the time in his hotel room he came to see me. At first I was trying to listen to the game and talk to him but I decided to chuck the game and spend the time with Allen. At first we talked about how things were going but then Allen hauled out his palm pilot. He had several Bible studies he created on it . He asked me which one I wanted and I told him one on the resurrection from John 20 so we went through the Bible study answering the questions. It's surprising what happens when you have to condense your answer into 5 or 10 words in 1 or 2 breaths. We had a great time and a time of prayer and said good-bye. It turned out that the cuff deflation went 1/2 hour longer than planned.
So what is a FAT Christian Bible study. F-Faithful. Allen was faithful to come and visit even after 9 pm. A-Available. I was available because I wasn't going anywhere and also because the cuff was deflated so I could talk and Allen had the Bible study available. T-Teachable. I think everybody should try doing Bible study with a trach because I couldn't say too much. I was teachable and learned a lot more.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I'm going to try to be FAT for our bible study on Wednesday night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...the acronym of the week! Chantale called me that at worship practice, and I was taken aback at first...NO lady likes to be called F.A.T.!! :) But once she explained it I thought it was a wonderful compliment...I'm glad you got to spend some time with Allan. Don and Lee are back from their holiday, so now all we're missing is you and Laverne.....and we do.....miss you both that is! But you're where you need to be right now, and it's really quite awesome to see God's hand at work thru all of this. As always, you are both in our hearts and prayers....Much love,
    MariAnn and Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John:

    How wonderful are the feet of them who bring Good News.

    I am so encouraged by all that is happening with you John. I am sure that you have the dark moments but knowing that HE is our very breathe and life helps a whole lot doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John, I'm not sure whether or not we have ever met. I've just had lunch with Steve Foster and he was telling me about your situation. Just want you to know Isobel and I are praying for you. You are obviously proving the Lord in it all.
    With much love in the Lord Jesus,
    Clayton and Isobel Dougan.

    ReplyDelete