Friday, September 25, 2009

The minister's cat is a learning* cat *with help

Friday, September 25, 2009
I remember the summer I learned to ride my bike. We did not have training wheels. I tried it on the back alley. I did not succeed. That night I went to bed sobbing "I'll never learn to ride that stupid bike." The next day my mother made a picnic lunch . My three cousins, my mom and I went down to the meadows for the day. The roads were dirt and very smooth. My cousins took turns running along side me as I rode on the smooth dirt. Just before lunch my cousin Wayne hollered "slow down, I can't keep up" and I realized I was riding my bike. After lunch we spent the afternoon riding along all the meadow roads (no car traffic) That night as I went to bed and marvelled at how easy it was to ride a bike. Now I am learning to talk again. At first I thought I'd never get the hang of it but today it seems almost natural. I think my Older Brother was running along side. Matthew 11:28-30

3 comments:

  1. One day we will come back to Kelly Creek to hear you preaching again brother John.....now we have one more thing to anticipate returning to. It will be wonderful to hear you.....all the greatest works of art took much struggle to produce. After all this hard work I know your words will paint a very vivid and rich canvas.

    With eager anticipation
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these glimpses into your journey. I love how you see our Father, Brother, Saviour, and Friend in each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome johnny...I know you will
    Alexa

    ReplyDelete