Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Helpful Staff

Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Last night John spent the evening listening to the Canucks exhibition game. It is a fun thing he can do and the staff are very obliging about getting his radio and turning it on for him. Last night their timing wasn't so great as they decided it was time to cough and suction him just before the game ended. For you non-hockey fans that was when the Canucks scored the tying goal and went on to win. John found out the next morning. He was happy to have listened to most of the game anyways.
As an update on the CAT scan they didn't find anything so we are thankful for that. God is full of good gifts. A friend from Powell River was down for tests and stopped in to see John today. He sat up in his wheelchair and today they turned him around so he could look outside and see the sunshine-it is quite a procedure to turn the wheelchair around as there are so many cords and tubes. The staff all try to make things interesting for John

3 comments:

  1. Terrible timing on the part of the staff to do the suctioning and coughing! Glad John enjoyed the game and enjoyed seeing the sunshine today..it was so beautiful out.
    John continues to be in our prayers daily.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear John,
    today I was complaining to Tom that I have to find the blog somewhere. So he said he will find a way when he has time to do it!!! I found you! tom is trying to get me to like sports events and I have a hard time with it. I can listen for a while and than my thoughts wander off somewhere else. Most of the time I cheer for the wrong team anyway, so he finely gave up! We are coming to Vancouver on the 6th of October. My God daughter from Germany is coming for 3 weeks. She just wants to rest. it is her first holiday in15 years. We will see you than. Yesterday I missed bible study because we had counsel meeting. I tread these meetings, but I'm told I do good in the coffee and cookie department!!!! I guess that is my calling-FOOD glorious FOOD-. I'm glad you could look out of the window and saw the sunshine. The sunflowers in the garden are blooming and I noticed that their heads go with the sunshine. God know how to telllt them to do that. I should more listening to him. Love Tom and Inge-Lore
    How are you Laverne my friend? I'm missing our Tuesdays and Tom is missing John very much. God has given him a new Friend in church- he is working with him at church. I call them the demolition crew!!! I'm with Bonnie at a function for church in Burnaby tomorrow, Friday and Saturday, but there is no time to stop, because Tom and I sit at the market and make a little money for church. We will see you on the 6th of October. Just want to tell you that I write all the verses that are mention in you blog in my kind of diary. Inge-Lore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there U. John. Its nice they got you sitting up there. What sunny days... I thought it was fall. Anyhow, the sun makes the dorm rooms very hot, especially because I am on the third floor (Fraser) and the heat just seem to rise up.

    The ministers cat is a 'fascinating cat'

    ReplyDelete