Friday, April 9, 2010

Something More than Gold

This weekend I wil be staying at VGH because they don't like to transfer on the weekend.  Monday I will be back at GF Strong.  Laverne and I have been reading Psalm 119and today a verse stood out for me.  The title is from an old children's song.  In the song it says to know sins forgiven is something more than gold.  Here in Psalm 119:72  The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold,  I'm not sure but I seem to remember learning in Bible study in ancient days a thousand was used when something was uncountable.  Once again I realize how fortunate I am to be able to take in God's Word.  Pray we will all enjoy something more than gold.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, and also thinking, that where you are is joy, because God is also there with you, and he will take care of you and shepard you safely back to GF Strong and then PR,
    The fruit of the spirit is love, joy and peace.
    Galatians 5:22 and you are very strong in his spirit.
    with love
    Don and Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are again such a blessing. It must be somewhat disheartening and frustrating to be back at VGH. Yet you focus on the blessings of the love and care you receive from the staff, who understandably consider you a friend. And today your focus is the blessing of God's Word. I'm praying that God will guide your team of caregivers, especially the doctors, that they will find the cause of your infections and subsequently how to treat them and how to avoid having them in the first place.
    Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete