Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Being like David, not Saul

Yesterday Laverne wrote that May 3 was the date for moving back to PR.  Now, in order to get everything accomplished the date has been changed to May 17.  In a way it is discouraging but in providing a later date
the GF Strong team will be sure everything is in order.  Earlier in the week Pastor Ian shared the Sunday message which was about Saul and his kingship.  He explained how Saul was always in a rush and gave in to outside pressure to do things in a hurry.  The result was a disaster every time.  I don't want to be like Saul, I want to be like David.  He waited for years after Samuel had told him he would be king.  Please pray that I will have patience to wait to go to PR for when all things are ready.

3 comments:

  1. This must be one of your hardest waits ever. I'll be praying for you and Laverne to have patience so that everything that needs to be done will be done in time so that your move home will go smoothly. Isn't God great to give us the message we need just when we need it the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and love the David and Saul reference, I remember when he battled with Goliath, "You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin; but I come to in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, who you have defied. This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand..." and I believe that you will conquer this delay as you have conquered all of your obstacles because God is with you. I am so proud of you cousin for all of the obstacles you have overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An extra two weeks will go quickly from May 3 to May 17 and then you will be home in PR. We are sure that you will find the reason for the delay. Sometimes the lord motives are hidden but come clear when you look back.
    You are in our thoughts and prayers and we know that the time will pass quickly for you.

    Aunty Sheila and the family from Trail

    ReplyDelete