Saturday, April 17, 2010

Power of Stories

This morning Laverne couldn't come until the afternoon so I lay in bed listening to the radio.  CBC had a program that talked about the power we had in the stories of the difficult times.  When we are brave enough to share the difficult/embarrassing stories of our lives it tends to draw people together and give them the freedom to share difficulties they have had.  I was thinking that htis might be why Jesus spoke in parables.  What do you think?  Please pray that I can share my story so others can share theirs.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning:

    Well, for one, I do know that when people tell me all the good wonderful happy amazing things that they are/do/be I am happy for them..... scripture tells us to rejoice with those who are rejoicing and mourn with those who mourn.

    However I find it easier to understand/like people who show their flaws then those who are frightened to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, you share your story on this blog every day - both the good and the not so good. I think you do so well with this, but it's something I need to learn to do much better. Perhaps we can pray for each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, Gerry and I are just home from Kelowna...we went to visit the family and watch the children in their dance and soccer...It was a wonderful, full, busy 4 days..

    I am just catching up on your blog...and I do believe it is true, we should share with others but for some it is most difficult. I am in the catagory of difficult...It does not come easy!!
    Thank goodness you are brave and share with us teaching and mentoring us along...

    We look forward to seeing you and Laverne...Keep well... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever think of putting your wonderful story into book form. You are truly an inspiration to us all. I can vouch for that. Hugs to you and Laverne. Dorie

    ReplyDelete