Monday, April 26, 2010

A New Creation II Cor. 5:17

GF Strong is a facility where many people are finding a new way to live with the help of many different therapists.  It reminds me of the new life that God brings about when a person no longer lives for themselves but for Jesus Christ who died for them.  As in my case at GF Strong there are many difficulties along the way.  One of the hardest things to sort out is what I can do something about and what I can do nothing about.  Working with the therapists I can develop new skills to breathe and move and communicate etc. but when I get an infection I have to rely on the "experts".  In the same way in my Christian life Iearn new ways to breathe and move and communicate through the Bible, pray and fellowship of other Christians.  Along the way I have to realize for the infection of sin I canreally only rely on my Saviour.  The amazing thing is that is what he wants and while I try to deal with it on my own I just get `sicker`.  Please pray I will make use of Jesus to deal with sin and continue to grow stron both at GF Strong and in my Christian life.

2 comments:

  1. John: I recently gave a training to Girl Guiders. Willa was there and we got talking. I just wanted to write a brief note to say hello and to wish you well. What a long way we've come since grade 1. Much love to you and your family.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and Laverne: We are so enjoying a group of 4 young people here to do service at your home. We have Stephanie a farm girl from Alberta. What a joy they all are. Eager to give of themselves and to spread the "WORD"...through their good deeds. They will leave Thursday morn. You continue to be in our daily prayer's...for encouragement, patience and continued healing. All Lee talks about is his buddy John coming home. I think all of PR knows by now. He too has really missed you.
    Love Dietmar Patricia and Lee

    ReplyDelete