Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ups and Downs

Today has been rather difficult.  Yesterday Laverne told you we were to be spending the night together in the Living Room to see what it was like to be on our own.  When Laverne got here this morning we found out the nurses had some concerns so we are not staying in the Living Room tonight.  I have to work closely with the nurses so please pray that no bad attitudes will arise.  Moving on, today Laverne's sister Marsha got some training on the ventilator and suctioning so she can back up Laverne when I go to church this Sunday.  We have already ordered the HandyDart and I look forward to meeting with God's people and worshipping together.

5 comments:

  1. What a disappointment! My heart goes out to you. I pray that the concerns will be addressed and that when you are able to spend a night in the Living Room, all will go well. Sounds like you have a busy, exciting weekend coming. I pray for strength, energy and good health.
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John,
    I don't know if you will remember us, but we knew you from UBC navigator news. Dave Rogers let us know of your news....and we want to let you know we will be praying for you and your family. May our God embrace you in HIs love and sustain you always.
    With love, Fred and Jean Swann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John,

    We are of course disappointed for you and Laverne...it was to be something big and exciting. God has a way of opening and closing those doors when the time is not right and I guess this is one of those times. It will happen later for you...(easy for me to say!!!)

    It will be wonderful to be at church with others in fellowship.
    We continue to pray daily for you both...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited about your Sunday Worship outing....I am praising God already for this event!!

    Love
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I've been wrapped up in my own life for the past few weeks and look what's happening! You and Laverne, off to the Living Room for the night. Although it didn't go according to your plans, it's so great to hear that things are moving forward toward your trip home to Powell River. Life is often filled with 3 steps forward, 2 steps back but little by little God brings us to where HE wants us. God is good, even in the set-backs.

    Frank and I will pray for your outing on Sunday, that you and Laverne will be thoroughly blessed by God's people. I know they will be blessed seeing you there!

    Frank & Sherri Piechnik

    ReplyDelete