Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Sabbath was made for Man

Today is Sunday and I spent my time on the computer and reading in the gospel of Mark.  Jesus said "the Sabbath was made for man" Mark 2:27.  so I did not feel bad spending time to practice with the morse code program for my computer.  By the time I came round to writing the blog I let Laverne transcribe it.  There is president for this as Paul mentions that he wrote in his own hand to say goodbye ie someone else took down the bodoy of the letter.  I had 5 visitors today, 4 from PR and the pastor of Cascades Gospel Chapel in Vancouver.  We spent a good time.  I can hardly wait to get back to PR and I appreciate the pastor's visit to talk and share communion,  Altogether today has been a bright note in a week of bright noters.  I thank you for all your prayers and today I ask you to thank God for his faithfulness

2 comments:

  1. Good morning John and family:

    From a very rainy Powell River where there were streaks of snow coming down along with the rain.

    People have been out preparing the garden for planting. My neighbour has a large one and she has been out all of last week. Everytime I look out the guilt piles on. Silly eh.

    We look forward to your return as well. It will be good to be back in familiar surrounds.

    God is so good to us all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sabbath day and due to special request I have it off. It is so lovely to look out at a day, incredibly beautiful, and realize how lucky I am...I pray for you daily that you will be home soon and enjoying beautiful days in familiar surroundings. With love
    Alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete