Monday, March 1, 2010

Change in Routine

Up until now my shower has been in the evening.  They have a nifty bath stretcher that goes over the bath tub and then I get washed.  This morning my nurse announced he would like to give my a shower in the morning using a shower/commode chair instead of a stretcher.  I was bundled into the chair and taken to the shower room, my breathing handled by ambu bag.  Once I got to the shower room I used the vent on my wheelchair which was there ready in the shower room.  After my shower I was bundled up in a flannel and brought back to my room.  Cleanliness is next to godliness is not found in the Bible but it is a real treat to get really clean especially in the morning. Please pray as we examine options for bathing when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. So often you bring me back to basics, John, with your entries. It is amazing the things we take for granted and I am glad that you remind me to be thankful for what I have and to enjoy it fully.

    I will definately keep this in mind as I am praying for you

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the things we endure:O) Just kidding. I had to share my news with you and Laverne. I have been notified that I am now a certified ESL/EFL teacher. The diploma is in the mail. Thank you so much for your inspiration. When the going gets tough the tough gets going. And knowing you good things are yet to come. Dorie

    ReplyDelete