Sunday, March 21, 2010

Made it to Church!

Today Laverne and I went to church together for the first time since my accident just over 7 months ago.  It reminds me of Matt 18:20 Where two or three are gathered together in my name there am I in the midst.  God was certainly in our midst.  I met many people who I don't know but have been praying four me.  What a great nblessing.  We took the Handydart which picked us up at GF Strong and dropped us up at the door of the church and then vice versa for the return trip.  It all went so smooth.  I plan on trying it again.  Please pray for me as Laverne is in PR for a couple of days.

4 comments:

  1. God bless you John while Laverne is in P/R. It
    makes you more aware she is away when she does not come in to see you.. We will be praying for you for peace and God's blessing...and Laverne's safe return.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic is that!! Getting to go to church together after 7 months...We at Kelly Creek can't wait to have you both back in church with your 'family' up here. Thank you John, for all that you share with us, the good and the bad. I pray God keeps you well while Laverne is here, I'm sure working on getting things in motion for you to get home. You are loved and your presence is missed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Marvelous, How Wonderful,
    And my song shall ever be......
    How Marvelous. How Wonderful,
    Is my Savior's love for me!

    We rejoice with you John and Laverne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John and Laverne.. So exciting getting to go to Church together again. I had planned on trying to visit at GF over the spring break since I didn't have to be back home after work to pick up Adam from school and I could leave Emma at daycare a little longer. Wouldn't you know it that both Emma and I would end up with Bronchitis. Although I really wanted to visit I suppose there was a reason why I didn't get too. I am still hoping to get in to see you before you go back to PR in May.. I think of you so often and again want to thank you for the positive influence you have made in my life...

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete