Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tour of Downtown Vancouver

Today I went to church - the long way.  We had over an hour tour of downtown Vancouver before we headed out to the church.  We saw a community garden on Davie St.  and a group of runners coming from Stanley Park.  I really appreciate being able to get out.  Everybody welcomed me at church.  The message was God still has a purpose for your life even after you retire.  Caleb was 85 when he went to Joshua and asked to conquer and take the hill country of Hebron.  God still has something for me to do too!

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that God has something for you to do. The message I had at church yesterday was the conclusion of a study of Job. I can't help but see some similarities here, except that poor Job did not have the support of a loving wife such as you have in Laverne.
    We wonder why a righteous man such as you, working so hard for the Lord, would have to suffer so. It's not for us to know and it's not for us to judge God. He is God and His ways are higher than our ways. And I believe that God will bless you for turning your tragedy into an opportunity to tell of His wonderful love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John

    Kathy's blog is all we want to say...so beautifully expressed and heartfelt...

    Praise God for you John helping us to understand what you are seeing through your eyes. It make us apreciate the things we see.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete