Monday, June 21, 2010

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

Today was a day full of sunshine and warmth. We went out to visit the barn and see some new materials put in. As we sat in the car and outside for the first time it was warm. It reminded me of Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. As far as I can remember it was the first song I learned at church. I always sensed the call on our lives to represent Jesus in a good light. First of all we are to represent the shining of Jesus so others can warm up to that light. Secondly we are to be lights where ever we are and what ever we do. Even as a child I understood the privilege we had that Jesus wanted us to be his sunbeams and it is a job even for children. Now that I'm grown I'm back to the same calling - to be a sunbeam and shine forth. Please pray that I'll be able to answer that call and thank the Lord that he has given me a calling from himself.

3 comments:

  1. You are a ray of light to all of us John....
    You are an inspiration and Jesus shines through you....

    We are pleased you are able to visit the house and sounds like it is coming along for the move home soon....

    Much love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever since your journey and the time you and Laverne have been blogging and sharing your story with us and all who want to listen, you have been shining your light even brighter than you did before the event. Whether you have been aware of it or not, in your struggles and your triumphs, in your sadness and your joys, in your bad times and your good times, you have been shining for Him and He has been shining through you.

    You are able to answer that call because you are willing and He will enable you as He already has. I am so grateful for you both as you are living the life that He has given you, for Him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ability to see God's faithfulness in every situation is such an encouragement to me. You are both truly rays of sunshine to all who are blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete