Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Comfort I Need

Matt. 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. When do we find our closest relationship to God? When we are prosperous and successful or when we are poor in spirit? For the past week I have struggled with being poor in spirit and yet I think I have been drawn closer to God than all the wooks before that. The Holy Spirit is called the Comforter in John's gospel because he reassures us of God's love when we don't feel it. Paul in Romans 8:26 explains the condition of the poor in spirit when he says we don't know what we should pray for. That's the time the Holy Spirit comes along and prays for what is best. Continue to pray for me that I will listen to the Holy Spirit and pray in God's will not in my own discouragement. As Laverne and I look to God for encouragement pray that we may see the answers to our prayers and indeed enjoy and experience the kingdom of heaven one earth. Thank you all for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment