Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hello I’m back!

Over the past week I have spent quite a lot of the time in bed. I don’t feel bad but I don’t have much energy. I really wanted to write this blog today because Sunday and Monday were special days. Sunday our guest speaker challenged us on to think correctly about heaven and Don Edmonds had the song “I can only imagine” which kind of reveals how little we understand what the Bible has to say about heaven,. Of course it doesn’t help that much of our understanding comes from the book of Revelation because Revelation is full of symbolism which leaves it open to interpretation. All I know is every time we spend time in our Bible study on this we find it hard to read a consensus. This bring me around to our Monday Bible Study which was on Jesus’ suffering and how we are called to follow in his steps 1Peter 2:21. This was encouraging as it means I may not be out of God’s will if I suffer. In fact Philippians 1:29 says For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake. Pray that my energy will increase

3 comments:

  1. I think your suffering has inspired everyone who knows you. Most people who endure what you have would have doubted their faith - you have shown another way to handle your accident. You never doubted. You found the positive in a very hard situation.
    I doubt that you have ever been out of favour with the lord. He just decided that he should do the walking instead of you.

    Aunty Sheila and the family in Trail

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she said. That's exactly what I was going to say. You truly are an inspiration. I am praying for your energy to increase and for a strong voice for your computer.
    God bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to believe that "suffering" only referred to those who were persecuted because of their faith. I'm I've grown in the Lord I've come to realize that we can suffer for Christ's sake in a physical way as well. I see how you have impacted so many lives, through your suffering, for Christ's sake. May not make the day-to-day any easier but it can give purpose to our suffering.

    I love Sheila's comment about Jesus doing the walking for you. Made me think of the Footprints poem. Oh so very true, for you especially, but for your whole family.

    God bless you, Laverne & Katie!

    ReplyDelete