Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Word

Pro 7:1-3 My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you; keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye; bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart. Our daily Bible reading contained these verses yesterday which encourage us to keep God’s Word close to us and challenges us to follow him. He is calling us to be his disciples. The regular reading of his Word brings us face to face with how we can carry that out. Please pray that we will be open to hearing and obeying his Word. The combination of daily reading and writing the blog is a great encouragement to conform my life to Jesus’ teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Marsha stopped by for a visit today and told me that you were home! PTL! I realized I better get caught up with your blog. Your house looks terrific. Quite the shower room. God bless you both with peace as you settle into your renovated 'digs'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John & Laverne:
    Reading your blog has become part of my daily routine, and is a source of encouragement & inspiration.
    Many Thanks, Sherry H.

    ReplyDelete