Monday, July 26, 2010

Stardate 26/07/2010

This morning I am reminded of Star Trek. Sitting in my wheelchair, reminds me of Capt. Kirk sitting in his command chair. He does little himself but commands the other crew to get things done. Eleanor and Geoff are here and this morning, while Geoff busied himself working on the boat Eleanor took the pruners and trimmed back the fir trees that blocked the view from the driveway and also those that shaded the patio. As I on the patio: Eleanor asked me about everything she wanted to cut.
It seems to me that I am in a similar position towards God. I have a useful tool, the Bible, with which I can do what the father wants me to do. But unless I consult my heavenly father in prayer I will either do the wrong thing, or feel that it all depends on me. Pray that I will depend on God for direction.

1 comment:

  1. Great post John. I'm glad to hear that you're surrounded by family and I know they feel blessed to be there and able to help. Enjoy your time together. You are constantly remembered in prayer. Lots of love to you and Laverne. Love Juhli.

    ReplyDelete