Sunday, May 16, 2010

To Leave is to die a little

I learned this adage from my high school French teacher who came from Haiti. In French it is "partir est mourir un peu". I often think of it when I leave people I may not see again like fellow clients of GF Strong who I will remember forever but I may not see again, not to mention and nurses and other staff. To compensate for losing them I will be renewing friendships as I return to PR. Thank you for helping me retain friendships as you share this blog with me. The new van is very comfortable and I look forward to the trip tomorrow. Pray for a safe journey tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Aunty Sheila is so happy to know that you are heading home. You may never forget those people that you met at GF Strong but we know that they will never forget the sweet and caring people that you both are. We are so glad that you are starting the next stage in your great adventure.

    The family in Trail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of you both all morning. My prayers are with you. It's a beautiful day for traveling up the Sunshine Coast. I know there will be many smiles and loving embraces awaiting you both.

    Love Juhli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are heading home. Sunshine, happy trails and much love to you
    Alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete