Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Room Becomes the Dragon's Den

Yesterday Laverne told you about the wheelchair van we tried out.  The exciting thing that happened yesterday was a trainer came with new software so that my computer can understand my voice.  This Dragon software was supplied by the PR campus of VIU where I worked before I retired.  It not only takes dictation so I can make notes and sent letters but also runs my programs and sends the mouse scurrying around the desktop.  VIU also provided funds for a training session so I am getting a good start.  The biggest challenge is my voice.  Pray that my voice will get stronger and more reliable.  We also went to church on the city bus but I'll write about that another time.

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time. Praise the Lord for all the technology and training from PR campus of VIU. Praying that your voice will increase in strength so that you can maximize this gift. Love and blessings,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete