Sunday, September 19, 2010

My chair has a mind of its own

On the first ferry [to Langdale] the elevator was small and the chair pinned Laverne to the wall and then lost power. Fortunately there were friends who helped us push the chair into the van and the next day the serviceman was at the house before 8:30. This reminded me that we all need each other which was the theme of my talk at the campus kick-off Friday. I asked the students to look around and realize they could all help each other. Please pray that when I want to go my own way there will be someone there to help me.

1 comment:

  1. John,
    Shawn and I have shared your story and blog with family and friends.
    I wanted to "stop in" and share how your speech at Malaspina has effected at least one student there ...... my sister in law Nancy has gone back to school to get her grade 12.
    She says your speech was amazing, uplifting and emotional.

    Crystal Gallant

    ReplyDelete