Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hame and Agin

I have been back from the city for a week now and it is high time I got down to it and told you about my trip. Maria, Laverne and I headed for Vancouver on Tuesday, May 10. We went straight to G F Strong where we checked into the living room. This is a room where rehab patients and family can practice living on their own. It is set up like a motel room with a kitchenette and the luxury of a double size hospital bed.
Wednesday I received the Gert Vorsteher award from the BC Rehab Foundation. Although the award is given for gaining independence, I quoted John Donne, no man is an island, and argued for interdependence, giving credit to my caregivers.
Finally, on Friday I saw Dr. Krassioukov and we intensified the search for the cause of my spasms.
Please pray that I can get these spasms under control and that the money that came with the award I will use wisely.
Now an explanation of the title. As a small boy I remember coming home at night from a long as we rounded the Brilliant bluffs and I saw the lights of Castlegar my father would exclaim, with a tone of deep satisfaction, hame and agin (home and again). That is how I feel now that I am back in Powell River

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations John, so proud of you. Praying the spasms decrease, go away, vanish. Again, so proud of my wonderful cousin...with love
    Don and Alexa

    ReplyDelete