Thursday, November 25, 2010

A great trip and a new command

The first part of this week has been taken up with a trip to Vancouver in the snow. The original plan was for me to stay in ECU in Powell River but they were unable to accommodate me at this time. Instead I went with Laverne and Maria and stayed at Marsha’s (Laverne’s sister). The main purpose was to renew Maria’s passport which she was able to do. It was renewed for 5 years Praise God! I was much more energetic and able to enjoy the things we did. Highlights were shopping at Regent College bookstore, seeing the latest Harry Potter movie and attending Family Night at Cascades Chapel. While the kids played games in the gym the adults studied about love. The key verses were John 13:34,35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." The point I got out of it was love is the mark of the disciple of Christ. I look forward putting it into practice during this Christmas season. Please pray John 13:34,35 for our family this Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Will definitely be praying. God is such wonderful love and glad you are home. Christmas is being with those you love.
    Alexa and Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to hearthfully thanks John and Lavern for all the support and guidance they are giving me.My life was changed and better now because of them.No words can explain how happy i am for having them as my employer,my family here in Canada.God really love me so much for sending them into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful you braved the snow and went to vancouver safely; it also sounds like you managed to get a few things completed and had some fun along the way.

    We are pleased to hear Maria was successful in getting her passport renewed. She is a wonderful person and we are happy you and Laverne have her with you.

    God bless you all in love....

    ReplyDelete